Is patient progress slower in online therapy?

No! A whole host of studies are demonstrating that messaging therapy can be as effective as traditional therapy for the treatment of the most common emotional and behavioral health issues such as depression, anxiety, substance abuse, stress, PTSD and more.

What are the rules regarding treating people abroad?

There is yet no specific guidelines in the UK on this. BABCP state “It is important that you feel satisfied that you can meet the general guidelines for ethical and best practice even whilst practising remotely. In particular, it is important to consider issues of risk which may arise if you are providing therapy to someone in a country where you don’t know how the healthcare system works or are unable to liaise effectively, e.g. with their GP if necessary.” Risk needs to be assessed at the initial consultation, assessment and intermittently throughout treatment. If you feel someone is not ...

How are therapists verified?

We ensure that every therapist is fully licensed / registered / accredited and in good standing. Therapists who apply are required to provide photo identification, full qualification documentation and further clinical certificates, and written references from other registered practitioners who have worked with them. We then cross-check their registration information with their registering organisation. All therapists are also asked to provide an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) certificate.

What qualifications do I need to register as a therapist listed with SupportRoom?

We require all therapists to have at least 6 months post qualification clinical experience working as a therapist. We are happy to register therapists with the following professional qualifications, registrations and accreditations: BABCP, BACP, COSRT accreditation. BPS Chartership (with HCPC registration for protected titles). BACP/BPC/HCPC/NCS/UKCP Registration We ask all therapists to email us original copies of the following documents: Professional training certificates. e.g. BABCP accreditation (Full or provisional) A current DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) or CRB check Current Professional indemnity insurance certificate (minimum coverage £3 million) Photo Identification: Copy of passport or photo driving licence, scanned or a clear ...

Go to Top