Phobias Online Support Services
Do you experience signs of phobias? A sudden crippling fear, triggered by an object, situation, or an animal? Perhaps you understand that your response is out of proportion with the actual threat, but it doesn’t stop your reaction? These may be signs of phobias that you haven’t yet addressed.
Phobias can be extremely severe, affecting your life in some extremely negative ways. Some people organise their entire life after avoiding a situation that triggers their phobia, making a simple task like popping out to the shops a distressing situation. Read on to see if you are showing signs of phobias.
Do I have a phobia?
A range of situations and objects trigger people’s phobias.
Some examples of common phobias are:
- Animal – spiders, rodents, birds, dogs, for example
- Bodily fluids – vomit, mucus, blood, or injections
- Environmental – heights, water, germs
- Sexual – performance anxiety, STIs
- Situational – flying, going to the dentist or doctor
More complex phobias include:
- Agoraphobia – fear of crowded and/or open spaces
- Claustrophobia – fear of confined spaces
- Social phobia – also known as social anxiety; fear of social situations
I think I am showing signs of phobia
If your quality of life is negatively hindered by a phobia, you might benefit from speaking with a professional therapist. They can help you develop coping strategies that diminish the intensity of your distress.
People might find your phobia funny or even ridiculous; that doesn’t stop it being difficult to handle. If you notice signs that you may have a phobia, you can get help. Remember: you’re not on your own: there are people who can help.
SupportRoom’s experienced therapists can help you develop approaches to treat the symptoms of your phobic attacks while addressing the causes
Therapy on your terms
Get face-to-face, online help from a highly-qualified therapist who can help you regain control.